[XeTeX] ArabXeTeX: Alif Maqsura

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Mar 16 13:26:34 CET 2009

On 16.03.2009, at 12:07, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> A bit unusual is that you don't get the
> path of the fonts. I e.g. I see
>
> <AGL:texglyphlist.txt>[1<Scheherazade(Scheherazade:Regular)
> @16.94pt<NATIVE-FONTM
> AP:Scheherazade/H/65536/0/0> fontmap: Scheherazade/H/65536/0/0 ->
> C:/WINDOWS/Fonts/ScheherazadeRegOT.ttf(Identity-H)

I'd assume that a font delivery service would give you a font from a
pool. And there the path is not necessary – as is the knowledge of
where a pizza's ingredients come from. As long as it's healthy.

Ulrike, you seem to use libfontconfig. This service stores the path
name of a font, which can also be listed on the command line. In Mac
OS X Apple provides its Font Tools suite. Among these
ftxinstalledfonts exists, which also is able to report the path name
of a font on the command line (and Font Book/Schriftsammlung knows
it). Maybe just a changed argument to a system call is necessary to
receive the font's path name ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Nazionalismus ist die Religion der armen Schweine