[XeTeX] Font protrusion --- new or old ?

Adam Twardoch list.adam at twardoch.com
Mon Feb 9 21:02:38 CET 2009

Adam Twardoch wrote:
> as long as the _mainstream_ software

Ps. FontLab Studio is being used by Adobe, Apple, Ascender, Berthold,
Bitstream, Canada Type, Elsner+Flake, Emigre, The Font Bureau, FontFont,
Hoefler & Frere-Jones, House Industries, ITC, Linotype, LucasFonts,
Masterfont, Microsoft, Monotype Imaging, P22, ParaType, Porchez
Typofonderie, PrimeType, Scangraphic, ShinnType, Storm Type Foundry,
Sudtipos, Tilde, Typotheque, Underware, Veer, and hundreds of other font
vendors -- this is why I dare to call it mainstream.

Since a large amount of my work is as product and marketing manager of
FontLab, this is why I speak about FontLab products. I know them well
and I can make some prognoses as for where we'd like to go.

Of course, I'm amazed with the amount of features that FontForge has. It
certainly supports more aspects and tables of the OpenType specification
than FontLab Studio -- though I cannot judge on the quality of
FontForge's support for those aspects. Unfortunately for me, I cannot
get FontForge to quite work for me, and I'm often overwhelmed by the
complexity of this program -- so I stick to FontLab Studio, which I know
well.

Regards,
Adam

--

Adam Twardoch
| Language Typography Unicode Fonts OpenType
| twardoch.com | silesian.com | fontlab.net

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or
insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
(Hunter S. Thompson)