[XeTeX] Font protrusion --- new or old ?

Adam Twardoch list.adam at twardoch.com
Mon Feb 9 20:48:55 CET 2009

Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:
>> However, the additional problem is also with font creation software
>> here: so far, FontLab Studio did not include any GUI for "opbd". I hope
>> that this will change in future, though.
>
> I just wonder why you ignore FontForge which supports this table as
> well as the MATH table which FontLab that costs a lot of money
> does not support!

I don't ignore FontForge, I just don't know much about it, and never was
able to get it to work reliably (it crashes on half of the fonts I
open). I refer to FontLab Studio for the same reasons I refer to Adobe
applications: I'm not saying that there are no tools that support this
or that, but as long as the _mainstream_ software does not support a
certain feature or table, there will be very few fonts that will include
it. So far, I haven't seen any single well-designed typeface that would
be made with FontForge, so I sort of ignore it :)

--

Adam Twardoch
| Language Typography Unicode Fonts OpenType
| twardoch.com | silesian.com | fontlab.net

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or
insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
(Hunter S. Thompson)