[XeTeX] Polyglossia installation

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sun Dec 13 14:53:01 CET 2009

Am Sat, 12 Dec 2009 19:12:24 -0500 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:

> It seems my system tex-live base install is too much outdated for
> polyglossia. Now with "xelatex polyglossia.dtx" command, it processes a
> bit farther then stumbles on :
>
> (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/etoolbox/etoolbox.sty)
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.97 \newXeTeXintercharclass
>                             \xpg at normalclass
>
> The etoolbox package was installed using my distribution packages, too.
> My tex-live installation is version 2007, from Ubuntu 9.10 repositories.
>
> Should I try to upgrade? What is the best route if I choose so?

\newXeTeXintercharclass is a rather new command which is defined in
xelatex.ini and xetex.ini (and so is part of the xelatex and the
xetex format). The newest xe(la)tex.ini's haven't yet found the way
in all tex-systems (miktex is missing them too). You can probably
find them in one of the tex live 2009 packages or try these one:
http://scripts.sil.org/svn-public/xetex/TRUNK/texmf/tex/xelatex/config/xelatex.ini
http://scripts.sil.org/svn-public/xetex/TRUNK/texmf/tex/xetex/config/xetex.ini

Move them in a local root where they are found before the normal
one, call texhash and regenerate the xelatex/xetex format.

--
Ulrike Fischer