[XeTeX] Polyglossia installation

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Dec 13 10:24:25 CET 2009

Am 13.12.2009 um 01:12 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:

> Should I try to upgrade?

I think you need to. Maybe TeX Live 2009 is needed.

> What is the best route if I choose so?

Just install the new package. It will co-exist with older TeX Live
packages. It will use the re-use the independent /usr/local/texlive/
texmf-local tree. All you have to do is to set PATH and MANPATH
accordingly (and maybe look into the texmf.cnf files to set particular
details). Every TeX binary knows the path by which it has been invoked
and then knows where in relation to this path all the components of
TeX are.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.
				– Oscar Wilde