[XeTeX] XeTeX fails to notice smcp feature?

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Sun Oct 19 01:54:44 CEST 2008

Ross A. Laird wrote:
> I have a document that uses the Serlio typeface.
> "otfinfo --features SerlioLTStd" reports :
>
> smcp	Small Capitals
>
> (among other features).
> In my document preamble I have this:
>
> \setsansfont[Scale=MatchUppercase,Letters=SmallCaps]{Serlio LT Std}

Hi Ross:

I don't think Fontspec sets the small caps for your font, but you can do
it by creating a new command like this:

\newcommand{\smallcaps}[1]{{\fontspec{Serlio LT Std:+smcp}#1}}

The info generated by using plain xetex with the file opentype-info.tex
will list the other features which can be accessed in the same way.

Hope this helps.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma