[XeTeX] XeLaTex and xdvipdfmx

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Jun 3 11:41:21 CEST 2008

On 3 Jun 2008, at 8:22 am, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> Am Mon, 2 Jun 2008 23:09:53 -0300 schrieb Paulo Rodrigues:
>
>> The problem of PATHS it was solved with update of TeXLive.
>>
>> For use pstricks with xelatex I replace the file pstricks.con for
>> xdvipdfmx.com renamed.
>>
>> But a problem stil happening: when I compile with TexShop+xdvipdfm
>> appear the message "Output file removed" and I can`t access the PDF.
>
> This means that something didn't work, most probably during the
> xdvipdfmx step.

Definitely during the xdvipdfmx step. Running "xelatex -nopdf" and
then running "xdvipdfmx -vv ..." on the resulting xdv file will let
you see more of what's happening.

Most likely you simply don't have a version of xdvipdfmx that can
support pstricks stuff. This was not yet implemented in the texlive
2007 release; you need a more recent version built from the
development sources.

(There should fairly soon be test releases of texlive 2008 available,
for those who aren't keen on building from scratch. Or you may be
able to get a newer binary elsewhere, depending on your system: I
believe there's a ConTeXt distribution that includes new binaries, as
do MikTeX and W32TeX, and the Debian/Ubuntu package that Marcin
announced on the list recently.)