[XeTeX] XeLaTex and xdvipdfmx

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Tue Jun 3 09:22:14 CEST 2008

Am Mon, 2 Jun 2008 23:09:53 -0300 schrieb Paulo Rodrigues:

> The problem of PATHS it was solved with update of TeXLive.
>
> For use pstricks with xelatex I replace the file pstricks.con for
> xdvipdfmx.com renamed.
>
> But a problem stil happening: when I compile with TexShop+xdvipdfm
> appear the message "Output file removed" and I can`t access the PDF.

This means that something didn't work, most probably during the
xdvipdfmx step.

On windows one problem that can trigger this message is an open pdf in
the reader (he locks the pdf and so xdvipdfmx can not write it). But
problems with pstricks-pictures, fonts, graphics can also be the cause.
Try to call xelatex with the option --output-driver="xdvipdfmx -vv" to
get more informations. Also try to make a minimal failing example.

--
Ulrike Fischer