[XeTeX] polyglossia becoming reality...

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Thu Jan 10 08:58:33 CET 2008

Hello.

Le 9 janv. 08 à 12:04, François Charette a écrit :

> That's the problem. The primitives \XeTeXcharclass and
> \XeTeXinterchartoks were introduced in xetex after the release of
> TeXLive 2007. You thus need version 0.997 (from svn) to use
> polyglossia
> with French or Turkish ;)  I intend to have a stable release of
> polyglossia in time for TeXLive 2008, and I assume that the final
> release of 0.997 will be part of it, so that should no longer be a
> problem then.

I'm not sure I can deal with svn; maybe I'll have to wait.

> Currently. if you select the greek language, then \greekfont will be
> selected ONLY if it has been previously defined, otherwise the current
> font is kept with \addfontfeature{Script=Greek,Language=Greek}.

Previously defined where? In the preamble or in some configuration
file belonging to "polyglossia"?

> The version of gloss-greek.ldf you tested is not yet optimal. The next
> one will have options to choose between monotonic, polytonic and
> ancient
> hyphenation patterns, among other things.

Please don't forget about Sanskrit; it only requires a mechanism to
select font and hyphenation, unless somebody intends to write a book
entirely in Sanskrit :)

Many thanks for your nice work.

Best wishes,

Yves