[XeTeX] nopdf option?

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Mon Dec 1 01:33:20 CET 2008

Jonathan Kew wrote:

> Check again; I think you'll find it's -no-pdf (with a hyphen in the
> middle).

Indeed, it's true. And the proper option works! The xdv is properly
produced. I have some eps (or pdf) images (music) placed in the
source.tex file---can they be processed with the xdv to include them in
the resulting pdf? (Am I saying this clearly?) When I process the xdv
(to make sure everything is ok, like toc, refs ...) the music images are
provided space, but do not appear.

> However, you may well have problems moving the .xdv between systems,
> depending how compatible the fonts are on the two machines involved.
>
> Are you using Adobe Reader to print the PDF on the Ricoh?

Yes. When the same pdf is printed from the Mac (using either the Mac
Preview.app or Skim) it's fine (on the HP). I'll have to check to see if
another previewer is available for the PC.

Thank you for all the help.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma