[XeTeX] clash between \footnote and package xltxtra in document class scrbook from KOMA-script

David Rangel dprangelito at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 15:46:25 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have received the following complaint from XeLaTeX-xdvipdfmx while
processing a simple
test scrbook (KOMA-Script) document.
(tex source document:)
\documentclass{scrbook}

\usepackage{fontspec}% provides font selecting commands
\usepackage{xunicode}% provides unicode character macros
\usepackage{xltxtra} % provides some fixes/extras (Breaks Footnotes in
KOMA)

\begin{document}

a test of footnotes\footnote{a test}.

\end{document}
(XeLaTeX error:)

! Font \zf at basefont="" not loadable: installed font not found.
<to be read again>
                    \zf at family@fontdeflmr
l.16 a test of footnotes\footnote{
                                   a test}.