[XeTeX] Compiling a .tex using the tikz package.

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Thu Oct 25 09:05:31 CEST 2007

On  25 Oct, 2007, at 01:21, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> On 10/25/07, Easter Sunshine:
>> Thanks, this worked. Actually, I have always been compiling all other
>> documents without this option and have never ran into any problems
>> so I was
>> unaware of it.
>
> Hello,
>
> [...]
>
> "Automatic support" for XeTeX started in version 1.18, while TeX Live
> 2007 comes with 1.10. (However, TikZ 1.18 is already included in SVN
> sources of TeX Live.)
>
> Without trying, I would guess that one could probably also extract the
> contents of this archive
>     http://tug.ctan.org/systems/win32/miktex/tm/packages/pgf.tar.lzma
> into the local texmf tree, run "mktexlsr" and the new TikZ should work
> with all the nice new features and without the need to set anything
> extra.
>
> Mojca

I've been updating my pgf distribution from CVS without any problem;
if you follow the instructions in

http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=142562

``modulename'' is pgf, because there is actually another module:
fig2pgf.

Also, there is a very helpful (as Mojca can attest) mailing list:

http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=142562

Best,

Axel