[XeTeX] Compiling a .tex using the tikz package.

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 08:21:03 CEST 2007

On 10/25/07, Easter Sunshine:
> Thanks, this worked. Actually, I have always been compiling all other
> documents without this option and have never ran into any problems so I was
> unaware of it.

Hello,

The latest version of TikZ recognizes XeTeX and sets the proper driver
(dvipdfm) automatically, so with that version you shouldn't need any
additional option(s) or settings. (Read as: in general, setting
[dvipdfm] should not be needed at all.)

"Automatic support" for XeTeX started in version 1.18, while TeX Live
2007 comes with 1.10. (However, TikZ 1.18 is already included in SVN
sources of TeX Live.)

Without trying, I would guess that one could probably also extract the
contents of this archive
    http://tug.ctan.org/systems/win32/miktex/tm/packages/pgf.tar.lzma
into the local texmf tree, run "mktexlsr" and the new TikZ should work
with all the nice new features and without the need to set anything
extra.

Mojca