[XeTeX] XeTeX, LaTeX, HTML and beautiful typography

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Wed Jan 31 13:31:11 CET 2007

Use XeTeX as xelatex --- that way it _is_ LaTeX and the only
differences are hidden by driver files and you use it just like LaTeX
except that you get some different features in graphics handling (if
using OS X, e.g., .tif support) and font access (for which use Will
Robertson's FontSpec and read his excellent documentation).

There're a number of sample documents which have been sent to the
list --- you may find my ``One Typeface: Many Fonts'' of interest. A
slight difficulty w/ xetex samples is of course that they frequently
depend upon access to opentype fonts which are likely commercial.
That said, fonts are much cheaper than they were in the past (see my
recent comment on the price of Poetica Std compared w/ the price of
Poetica I and II) on comp.text.tex.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain information
which is confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). If you are
not the intended recipient(s), any usage,  dissemination, disclosure, or
action taken in  reliance on it is prohibited.  The reliability of  this
method of communication cannot be guaranteed.  Email can be intercepted,
corrupted, delayed, incompletely transmitted, virus-laden,  or otherwise
affected during transmission. Reasonable steps have been taken to reduce
the risk of viruses, but we cannot accept liability for damage sustained
as a result of this message. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it and notify the sender.