[XeTeX] XeTeX doc and TeX Live 2007

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Jan 22 10:54:51 CET 2007

Regarding the documentation of XeTeX, such as the archive
XeTeX_doc.zip from the XeTeX download page, I can see no trace of it
in TeXLive, now that XeTeX has been incorporated into TeX Live 2007
(to be released shortly).

On the Mac, in either gwTeX installed via i-Installer or TeXLive-2007
(full) installed via MacTeX, I suppose the docs (in particular XeTeX-
notes.pdf) would live in texmf/doc/xetex. But I couldn't find it in
any of the various texmf trees of each distribution.

Does this mean the existing doc is being considered too preliminary,
or outdated, for TeX Live inclusion? Or has it simply been forgotten?
It would be a bit unfortunate, as the various LaTeX packages based on
XeTeX (like fontspec) have already their docs in TeX Live.

Bruno Voisin