[XeTeX] xdv2pdf psfonts.map

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu May 18 17:33:11 CEST 2006

On 18 May 2006, at 4:00 pm, Likai Liu wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> It looks like I found out why xdv2pdf cannot find psfonts.map on some
> systems, even though kpsewhich clearly shows its presence. In
> xdv2pdf_main.c, the path that xdv2pdf uses to look for .map files (for
> format "dvips config") is defined by the TEXCONFIG variable in
> texmf.cnf. However, on some systems (like Fink teTeX), TEXCONFIG only
> looks under $TEXMF/dvips//, but psfonts.map are generated under
> $TEXMF/fonts/map/dvips// (or $VARTEXFONTS/map/dvips// more
> specifically).
>
> Simply adding the second path to TEXCONFIG works, but I think xdv2pdf
> should be using TEXFONTMAPS variable instead.

Sounds good to me. I've changed this in the code, and it seems to
work fine on my system. Of course, it worked for me previously, too,
but let's hope this works better on other configurations.

(I have a vague idea that maybe there weren't as many of these
variables defined, back when this was first written; or the texmf
structure has changed, or something.... I think there was a reason
for the way it was done, but at this point your proposal looks like
the right thing to do.)

Thanks!