[XeTeX] xdv2pdf psfonts.map

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Thu May 18 18:15:24 CEST 2006

Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org> writes:

[map files in TEXCONFIG or TEXFONTMAPS]

> (I have a vague idea that maybe there weren't as many of these
> variables defined, back when this was first written; or the texmf
> structure has changed, or something.... I think there was a reason
> for the way it was done, but at this point your proposal looks like
> the right thing to do.)

This change happend with the TDS 1.0 to TDS 1.1 transition. Map files
went to TEXFONTMAPS ~= TEXMF/fonts/map and encoding files to
TEXMF/fonts/enc. For teTeX this change was implemented in teTeX 3.0 and
is documented in TETEXDOC, section 4.3 'Modifications to the directory
structure and file searching'.

cheerio
ralf