[XeTeX] xdv2pdf psfonts.map

Likai Liu liulk at cs.bu.edu
Thu May 18 17:00:37 CEST 2006

Hi all,

It looks like I found out why xdv2pdf cannot find psfonts.map on some
systems, even though kpsewhich clearly shows its presence. In
xdv2pdf_main.c, the path that xdv2pdf uses to look for .map files (for
format "dvips config") is defined by the TEXCONFIG variable in
texmf.cnf. However, on some systems (like Fink teTeX), TEXCONFIG only
looks under $TEXMF/dvips//, but psfonts.map are generated under
$TEXMF/fonts/map/dvips// (or $VARTEXFONTS/map/dvips// more
specifically).

Simply adding the second path to TEXCONFIG works, but I think xdv2pdf
should be using TEXFONTMAPS variable instead.

liulk