[XeTeX] \XeTeX ?

Jjgod Jiang gzjjgod at gmail.com
Fri May 5 08:42:38 CEST 2006

Hi,

2006/5/5, Will Robertson <wspr81 at gmail.com>:
> On 05/05/2006, at 15:44 , Jjgod Jiang wrote:
>
> > It seems \reflect doesn't work in Linux version.
>
> For future notice, when reporting problems like this, sending a
> minimal document showing your problem and the console output up until
> the occurrence of the error will make these problems much easier to
> solve.

Sorry, here is my source file (test.tex):

\def\reflect#1{{\setbox0=\hbox{#1}\rlap{\kern0.5\wd0
  \special{x:gsave}\special{x:scale -1 1}}\box0 \special{x:grestore}}}
\def\XeTeX{\leavevmode
  \setbox0=\hbox{X\lower.5ex\hbox{\kern-.15em\reflect{E}}\kern-.1667em \TeX}%
  \dp0=0pt\ht0=0pt\box0 }

\XeTeX

\bye

when executing "xetex test2.tex", it reports:

** WARNING ** Unparsed material at end of special ignored.

Current input buffer is -->x:gsave<--

** WARNING ** Unparsed material at end of special ignored.

Current input buffer is -->x:scale -1 1<--

** WARNING ** Unparsed material at end of special ignored.

Current input buffer is -->x:grestore<--

May be these \special{} are not supported by xdvipdfmx at
present?

> \reflect is defined by the graphicx package; if that's not working
> correctly, it seems likely to me that you need to install the XeTeX
> configuration files for that package. I've attached what's in my
> system since they don't take up much space.

Thanks, it seems these 3 files are correctly installed on my system.

jjgod