[XeTeX] \XeTeX ?

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at SIL.ORG
Fri May 5 08:56:18 CEST 2006

On 5 May 2006, at 7:22 am, Will Robertson wrote:

> On 05/05/2006, at 15:44 , Jjgod Jiang wrote:
>
>> It seems \reflect doesn't work in Linux version.
>
> For future notice, when reporting problems like this, sending a
> minimal document showing your problem and the console output up
> until the occurrence of the error will make these problems much
> easier to solve.
>
> \reflect is defined by the graphicx package; if that's not working
> correctly, it seems likely to me that you need to install the XeTeX
> configuration files for that package. I've attached what's in my
> system since they don't take up much space.

Close, but actually this won't work right now (I believe). The
existing xetex.def file configures graphicx to work with the xdv2pdf
driver on Mac OS X, but on Linux we're using (extended) dvipdfmx
instead, and it won't recognize the same \specials.

What *should* work (though I haven't tried it yet) would be to load
graphicx, but explicitly give the [dvipdfm] option to select the
output driver. And be sure to use the package's version of \reflect,
not a private definition in the source file that uses the xdv2pdf
commands.

When I have time to update the sample files, etc., I'll try to test
and explain this stuff - right now, it's all very experimental!