[XeTeX] grchyph/sanhyph and TeX Live

Adam Twardoch list.adam at twardoch.com
Thu Jun 22 21:39:37 CEST 2006

Jonathan Kew wrote:
>> will give you lang-fr.pat/hyp files in unicode
>> you can rename them and move them to a spot where xetex can find them
>>
> That's fine as a one-off approach for a knowledgeable user. But we
> need agreement among packagers/distributors as to how this should be
> managed in general, so that users don't need to know about it.

I believe the most sensible solution would be to join forces with
OpenOffice.org. They have a well-maintained database of spelling and
hyphenation dictionaries as well as tools and documentation for creating
them (http://lingucomponent.openoffice.org/ ). The OpenOffice
hyphenation is based on TeX hyphenation.

A.

--

Adam Twardoch
http://www.twardoch.com/