[XeTeX] Fwd: Re: [NTG-context] XeTeX fonts

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Nov 1 10:22:14 CET 2004

Ross Moore wrote:

> Though one must ask why ConTeXt is doing this.
> Surely it should scan for quotes in the name, and act accordingly.

because in metapost, a string is delimited by double quotes, for instance:

defaultfont := "..."

now, i know that metapost is not (yet) xetex aware but i can imagine
that it could be hooked into the appel font handler too

similar problems will occur when one adds such font definitions to xml
files

>> I'll add (....) as another "quoting" option for file and font names,
>> if that's convenient; however, remember that in principle any of these
>> characters could occur within a font/feature name, which is why I
>> provided more than one option.

understood, thanks for adding this

> Fine, but how will a user control what is returned ?
> By a command-line option ?

how do you mean 'returned'?

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE