[XeTeX] OS X fonts.

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Fri Jul 23 15:35:40 CEST 2004

Thanks to Kew and Voisin: indeed, I typed in XeTeX and XeLaTeX. I truly
feel the complete idiot and I apologize for having wasted your time.
Everything works now.

I have not yet tried the Futura other than verifying that adding
\unit{KILOMeter}
to an *existing* file, appropriately preamble-modified, indeed produces
a plain vanilla KILOMeter. (The console says This is pdfeTeXk, Version
3.141592-1.11b-2.1 (Web2C 7.5.2)) From which I infer that I need either
to cyclone the file or use xetex from the first. This is for tonight.

But this brings up another issue.
All of this is to put a math textbook on the web under a general
document license. But this requires transparent coding (I am quoting
from memory) and while I have at least one example that TeXshop's
output can be read/edited on a wintel, is XeTeX's output considered
transparent?

I should really ask the question elsewhere so this is just in case.

Again, thanks to all and, in very particular, to Voisin who has helped
me before and from whom I have learned a lot.
Regards
--schremmer