[uktug-committee-public] [Paulo Cereda] Learning from other TeX user groups

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 15:45:29 CET 2019

Forwarded at request of poster, Paulo Roberto Massa Cereda

<BEGIN>
With respect to the list of TeX user groups, previously posted in this
mailing list, I would like to draw attention to the broad and relaxed
criteria in which those entries are tabulated. As a Brazilian, to the
best of my knowledge, I do not recall having a local user group. This
specific entry provides an electronic link to a mailing list, probably
self-hosted, and most certainly not affiliated with TUG itself
(otherwise we'd heard last year in the meeting held in Rio de Janeiro).
Also, a quick glance at the topics revealed a heated discussion
regarding the latest political entanglements from our government, which
are clearly off-topic.

So, to the benefit of our discussion on learning from other TeX user
groups, in which I am absolutely favourable, one has to be mindful as we
do not know for sure what those groups do, at least from a practical
perspective.
<END>