[uktug-committee-public] AGM Motion: Special General Meeting relating to dissolution - May or June 2020

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 11:00:39 CET 2019

Hi All

We have much money (about £13,000) and little activity. I wish to spend
money, to help revive the organisation. Others wish to dissolve the
organisation, to make money available for good causes.

At the AGM I will be moving the motion:
==========
That there be a Special General Meeting in May or June 2020, whose sole
purpose is to discuss motions related to the dissolution of UK-TUG.
==========

Why May or June? Starting in December, even a strong but new committee
would be doing well to organise a good speaker meeting in April. So May or
June allows the special meeting to decide based on experience and results.

Aside: I've found it takes about three months to organise a well-attended
speaker meeting, and longer, if a joint meeting with another organisation.

The motion gives us adequate opportunity to have a good shot at reviving
the organisation. It also gives us adequate opportunity to decide how  our
assets should be applied.

Actually, we can do both. We can apply funds to good causes, without first
dissolving UK TUG.

I am moving this motion as an ordinary member of UK TUG.

For more about dissolution and special meetings see
https://tug.org/pipermail/uktug-committee-public/2019/000006.html

--
Jonathan Fine (Committee Member)