[uktug-committee-public] Introductions

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 17:23:47 CET 2019

This thread is, of course, for introductions.

I'm Jonathan Fine. I'm a semi-retired software engineer, and amateur
(unpaid) research mathematician. I'm almost a founder member of UK TUG, a
past Chair and Secretary of UK TUG, and past Board Member of TUG. My main
TeX interest is in pushing boundaries and questioning assumptions.

I used to work at the Open University, as a LaTeX expert. My best successes
there were migrating a LaTeX209 system running on unsupported hardware, and
producing the styles for books such as Carole Haswell's Transiting
Exoplanets.
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=cqOKqhfm4ywC&printsec=frontcover

I also learnt something about usability, accessible mathematics, and math
on web pages.

I have an old blog at https://jonathanfine.wordpress.com/, which is
gradually being transferred to https://jfine2358.github.io/.  You'll find
my software stuff, mainly Python, at https://github.com/jfine2358. You'll
find my math stuff at https://arxiv.org/.

My email address is at the top of this page. I chose 2358 because 2,3,5,8
is the Fibonacci numbers.
--
Jonathan Fine (Committee member)