[UK-TUG] Regarding the dissolution UK TUG

Jay Hammond jay at jjnr.uk
Thu Jan 20 17:33:21 CET 2022

Hi  ex-members

This response is from me in a personal capacity. I have not sought or
obtained permission to reveal anything about the committee's workings.

The UKTUG dissolution committee has no obligation to report to
ex-members on its activities.

I said before the dissolution debate, and subsequently, that I do not
intend to blog the dissolution process.

As a matter of courtesy, I shall reply briefly.

The committee is dealing with practical matters as you might expect.

The progress is at a rate that corresponds to the effort put in and to
the degree of detail we can agree is responsible. More detail takes longer.

--------

ex-members will be able to guess (between them) that

  * the virtual presence of UKTUG. (including UKTUG-announce)
  * an issue related to Baskerville.
  * the outstanding commitments of UKTUG
  * managing the bank accounts.
  * the Tax position
  * record keeping obligations.
  * unravelling the relationship with TUG.
  * legal obligations in relation to personal information.

would have been and still are  on the minds of the dissolution committee.

Jay Hammond

-- Email usejay at jjnr.uk