[UK-TUG] Mailing lists for TeX users in the UK

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 11:17:33 CET 2022

Hi

In August 2017 I set up two mailing lists:
https://groups.google.com/g/uk-tex-users
https://groups.google.com/g/uk-tex-news

I then told the committee this, and said that I'd like the UK TUG to use
and own these lists. There was no real interest. In 2019 I told people I
knew about these lists and they started in use. More people joined in 2021.
The mailing list uk-tex-users now has 10 members.

In October last year a thread on uk-tex-users resolved many of the problems
regarding getting the TeX Live DVD post dissolution. Then by donating $25
to TUG I set up reserved funds for the purpose of paying TUG for those DVDs.
https://groups.google.com/g/uk-tex-users/c/7STWkYaheyo

In 2022 I will continue to develop and grow these lists, particularly
younger TeX users who've never been a member of UK TUG. As an aside, I'm
hoping to hold a Zoom meeting for TeX users in the UK, probably in April or
May this year. Details will be posted to the users and news lists.

These lists are publicly viewable and you're welcome to subscribe if you
wish. Here's the URLs again:
https://groups.google.com/g/uk-tex-users
https://groups.google.com/g/uk-tex-news

Happy TeXing for 2022