[UK-TUG] Procedural motion submitted: Adjourn the SGM for at least 7 days

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 11:10:41 CET 2021

On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 at 09:56, Jonathan Fine <jfine2358 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> This message submits the procedural motion: That the SGM be adjourned for
> at least 7 days to clarify the rules governing the SGM and to develop a
> compromise that would allow UK-TUG to continue.

There is absolutely no reason for delay. UKTUG has been discussing winding
up for more than two years and it is totally unreasonable to delay at this
point.
We have already had to suffer a month of one person totally flooding the
email list, why should we delay now?

> The constitution permits such a motion, and for this one the Chair
> determines the exact duration of the adjournment (and location where we
> reconvene).

More exactly it says "The members present at a meeting may resolve that the
meeting shall be adjourned."  So it seems reasonable that others comment on
your motion, as I am doing here.

> This may be the last email you'll see from me today. I ask that no-one

Noted, but despite appearances to the contrary this list is not just for
your personal use.

David