[UK-TUG] Discussion of motion DS1

Jay Hammond jay at jjnr.uk
Sun Oct 31 19:43:14 CET 2021

Order, Order. Bang of Gavel.

During the SGM, UKTUG announce use is restricted* to the purposes of the
meeting. Would members please  address the motion in each thread. Not
other topics.

Members are asked to vote on the motions, not compromises. If there are
discussions, they should be about the motions.  I welcome on-topic
discussions.

This is not  the meeting or the motion in which to discuss details of
continuation.

If members want to leave the meeting and discuss off-topic matters
outside, I would regret it, but that is their right. Since this meeting
requires a quorum, I do not encourage them to leave.

Before the SGM, parts of the open discussion there were quite
productive. Now,  this meeting is structured to discuss  only the
motions before it. I hope wider  discussions after the voting (which I
encourage) will also be productive.

After the SGM voting  there will be an opportunity for members to agree
to gather on a named forum to discuss  details of continuation, new
constitutions, anything they like.  Jonathan Fine has asked to post
details of several fora, and I'm happy for him to do that on
UKTUG-announce after the SGM voting. ( see Procedural matters)  I hope
members will agree a single forum on which to discuss further.  Should
UKTUG vote to continue, uktug-announce will also be available as a forum.

Thank you for your cooperation

Jay

* we hope all members will cooperate, thus  saving the officers time and
trouble.

Email use jay at jjnr.uk