[UK-TUG] Discussion of motion HV1

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 19:01:44 CET 2021

Redrafting the constitution

Hi

Howard has already volunteered to help redraft the constitution. I also
volunteer for this. In fact, I've just made a start.

I know the present constitution quite well, and as I recall was Chair of
UK-TUG when it was adopted (replacing the founding constitution from about
1990). David Saunders had a big hand in it, and I thank him very much for
that.

I've forked the uktug constitution repository, read through the
constitution and raised some issues. So far I have 7. I don't expect we
need more than 20.

This is more than I expected, but quite manageable if done steadily. Anyone
who has a github account can join in.

with kind regards

Jonathan