[UK-TUG] Discussion of motion DS1

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 19:59:03 CEST 2021

Hi David

I hope you're right. But I can't reconcile it with Arthur's statement
===
I can also say that UK-TUG has essentially lost all credibility with
our sister organisations, as is demonstrated by the fact that I
couldn’t negotiate better conditions for TUG to receive a donation from
UK-TUG [...].
===

If it's all as easy as you say, why didn't Arthur get the very best and
plain as pikestaff deal?

That's why I want to contact TUG so that we can be sure. Jay's bold demand
that I do not contact TUG about this makes me more convinced that it's the
right thing to do.

I'll send you a draft email to TUG tomorrow morning. I'll accept all your
contributions to the message I send to TUG. I'm happy to continue this
discussion with you off-list.

with kind regards

Jonathan