[UK-TUG] Discussion of motion DS1

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 14:33:06 CEST 2021

Hi David

Thank you for your detailed and carefully thought out statement. I also
very much appreciated the historical remarks. There's something else I'd
like you to cover.

In my message earlier this morning I said that I'd vote for your motion if
Arthur had got a much better deal from TUG. My figuring there concluded
that as things stand donating £8,000 to TUG would result in £680 going to
support TeX projects.

Due to the poor deal with TUG (and no deal with DANTE) I feel we're between
a rock and a hard place. Continuation even for a few months requires
resources we might not have. Dissolution now results in most of our funds
going to support TUG's running costs (and only £680 for TeX projects).

Please would you make some remarks on this dilemma. I'd value what you have
to say on this.

with kind regards

Jonathan

Notes: Our assets at 31 July 2021 were £8667.
My message this morning:
https://tug.org/pipermail/uktug-announce/2021q4/000496.html