[UK-TUG] In support of David Saunders’ motion

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Fri Oct 29 08:42:21 CEST 2021

  Our organisation serves no useful purpose.

  The benefits of membership are already available elsewhere:

  * technical: Stack Exchange, Learn LaTeX, ...
  * social+technical: Facebook (UK TeX Users Forum).
  * TeX Live DVDs: existing channels will continue.

  It has assets that it cannot usefully spend to support TeX in the
United Kingdom, and is almost entirely disconnected from the UK’s TeX
community.   It has failed to attract new members.  Its committee lacks
the energy that would be necessary for a renewal.

  Its main agenda item for the last few years has been disbanding.  How
might any prolongation be of any benefit?

  We urge you to vote for motion DS1 by David Saunders, which offers the
only way out of the current impasse.

	Signed: all but one current committee members

	Arthur Reutenauer
	Chris Rowley
	Jay Hammond
	Jonathan Webley