[UK-TUG] An idea for UK TUG in the future

Keiran Harcombe kjharcombe at hey.com
Thu Oct 28 19:52:05 CEST 2021

Hi everyone,

I wanted to provide some insight into another organisation that I am
apart of. Some of you may know that I am the secretary for the British
Computing Society branch in Bristol and Bath. This is a substantially
sized branch of around 250 members.
We have regular meetings from speakers all across the IT and computing
sector with around 80 members attending these meetings.

I believe that something similar for UK TUG would be a great thing. An
environment where practices and talks can be held but also to support
the wider TeX community.

This could then extend into providing support for larger institutions
who may not have knowledge or experience in regards to supporting those
with disabilities.

I'd appreciate people's thoughts on this.

Kind Regards,
Keiran Harcombe