[UK-TUG] How to fix UK-TUG in 24 hours

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 10:54:02 CEST 2021

Dear Members

We all know that UK-TUG has become largely toxic and dysfunctional. This is
very sad. It harms people. If this toxic culture continues into the SGM
then UK-TUG cannot continue, and its dissolution may leave behind a
poisoned wasteland.

If today and tomorrow we can bring the toxic and dysfunctional culture to
an end then UK-TUG will continue in spirit if not in name. Every friendly,
interested, kind and respectful post to this list is a vote for such a
continuation.

Some may say to me that my own behaviour has been toxic and dysfunctional.
I am a mixture. Most people are. Not all of me is wholesome. Not all of me
is toxic.  I try to follow a wholesome path. And the same is true I am sure
for many of you.

To move away from the present situation requires an act of imagination.
Imagine that our society was largely wholesome. What then would you want to
receive from it? And what would you have to give?

It takes only 20 members to think in that way, and speak in that way, to
make sufficient change. Perhaps it requires only 10 members. Perhaps it
requires only 5 members finding each other to create a wholesome
continuation of UK-TUG in name or in spirit.

SGM voting starts tomorrow at noon. The next 24 hours are particularly
important. Will people vote without first seeing the wholesome alternative?

with best wishes for happy TeXing

Jonathan