[UK-TUG] Fwd: NOT CONFIDENTIAL: Advance notice of messages to uk-tug-announce

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 09:58:48 CEST 2021

Hi

I thank Joseph for announcing the full details for the SGM. For background
here is the body of a not-confidential email I sent to Jay and the
Committee yesterday morning.

with kind regards

Jonathan
===
Hi Jay

This is to give you advance notice of some messages I intend to post to
uk-tug-announce this afternoon. I won't post those messages prior to 2:30pm
today. I also give a heads-up regarding tomorrow. You (Jay) are welcome to
phone me for a confidential conversation.

This afternoon I intend to invite you and Arthur to comment on conflict of
loyalty, regarding UK-TUG making a donation to TUG.

I also intend this afternoon to provide a summary of grant motions
considered by the committee in 2019 to 2021, together with their outcomes.
This summary will not use information that is covered by committee
confidentiality.

Regarding tomorrow (Thursday), the SGM starts at noon on Friday. On Friday
last week Joseph told the members that "details of discussion and voting
procedures will follow shortly".

If these details are not sent to members by noon on Thursday then I will
consider suggesting to the members that the SGM be adjourned to allow more
time between the members having the details and the business of the SGM.
After seeing those details I might give you advance notice of a message to
uk-tug-announce.

Please ask if you'd like me to have more time.

with kind regards

Jonathan
===