[UK-TUG] Date of 2021 AGM (if required) unknown. What if UK-TUG continues?

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 11:32:24 CEST 2021

Dear UK-TUG members

My last act as a member of your committee was to move a committee motion to
set the date of the 2021 AGM (assuming UK-TUG is not dissolved). Voting on
that closed midnight yesterday.

Yesterday morning I sent a reminder to my former committee colleagues (see
below). None of them voted for, against or abstained on the motion. There
was total silence.

I invite the Chair to tell us what the Committee will do, if for example
Howard's motion to continue UK-TUG succeeds.

with kind regards

Jonathan
===

APPENDIX: Message to Committee, 9:48am Tuesday 26 October

I write to remind you that voting closes midnight today on the committee
motion that sets 2pm on Saturday 11 December as the date of the 2021 AGM.
This date gives sufficient time for an SGM to make video or audio presence
at this AGM equivalent to physical presence.

If the imminent SGM votes to continue the above is inexpensive, prudent and
friendly preparation. If the SGM votes to dissolve the AGM becomes
redundant.

It is of course for the SGM to decide whether UK-TUG continues or is
dissolved. I ask you when considering setting the AGM date to put aside
your personal opinions on continuation and dissolution.

[END]