[UK-TUG] Howard's motion: Distribute funds AND Continue UK-TUG

Richard Gould rhgould at rhgould.uk
Sun Oct 24 17:31:28 CEST 2021

Hello,

I think this proposal is unreasonable, and probably unachievable,  given the Committee’s reluctance to continue serving and the absence of volunteers to take over from them.  If UK TUG is to continue it needs a new committee first and it should be for them to draft the sort of constitution that would be a) workable, b) appropriate to the more limited aims now envisaged and c) acceptable to a majority of the membership.  On the whole, therefore, I think it better if the group is dissolved first and that those interested in resurrecting it make themselves known to each other in the SGM or via the Facebook group.

--

Richard H Gould