[UK-TUG] Zoom: Accessible STEM in the UK: 6:30 to 7:30pm. Also future zoom meetings.

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 12:32:28 CEST 2021

Hi

TONIGHT
Tonight I'm hosting a zoom meeting on Accessible STEM in the UK. This is
not because I have all the answers but because I want to learn from those
who know things I don't, particularly those with direct experience of the
problems.

Tue 19 October: 6:30 to 7:30pm: Accessible STEM in the UK.
Zoom:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85730519500?pwd=Vlc4dzIzTmhZZmFnaHVaUXdxZjN5dz09

BACKGROUND
This arises from a meeting last week where a few key people expressed
interest in writing a proposal for a $600,000 grant from the US
Administration for Community Living (US ACL). I hope tonight to get some
ideas and user stories for that proposal.
Website: https://github.com/access-stem-projects/us-acl-2021-proposal
Meeting video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoF3d2KDc4w # 57 minutes

FUTURE EVENTS
Thu 21 October: 6:30 to 7:30pm: What is an accessible TeX rendering
pipeline?
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/78551255396?pwd=cHdJN0pTTXRlRCtSd1lCTHpuWmNIUT09

Tue 26 October: 6:30 to 7:30pm: Probably topics related to the UK TUG SGM.
Zoom:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85730519500?pwd=Vlc4dzIzTmhZZmFnaHVaUXdxZjN5dz09

Thu 28 October: 6:30 to 7:30pm: A brief introduction to Portable TeX
Documents
This is a preview of my talk
https://pretalx.com/packagingcon-2021/talk/XTAJ7Z/
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/78551255396?pwd=cHdJN0pTTXRlRCtSd1lCTHpuWmNIUT09