[UK-TUG] UK TUG

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Fri Oct 8 18:47:08 CEST 2021

On 08/10/2021 16:23, Howard Vie wrote:
> Dear Joseph and members,
>
> Motion for SGM.
>
> I propose keeping UKTUG going but with a revised constitution restricting the
> aims to:
>
> 1. Maintaining the UKTUG website and archive.
>
> 2. Maintaining an "address book" of relevant contacts in the TeX development
> world so that
>      any suggestions outside usage  presumed to be answered on TeX stack exchange
> could be directed to the relevant person.
>
> 3. Covering the costs of acquiring and posting the DVD's.
>
> 4. Having a simple meet up for the AGM.  (in a pub?)
>
> 5. Maintaining a bank account.
>
> 6. Having 3 trusted officials - secretary, treasurer and chairman/chairwoman.
>
> 7. Maintaining a membership list and fee to cover the above.
>
> 8. Keeping a float for the above of say £500.
>
> 9. The balance of the assets given according to the current constitution in
> equal parts to TUG and Dante as per David Saunders motion.
>
> All the best,
>
> Howard Vie

Hello Howard,

Thank you for your motion. I will need to consider whether this falls in
scope: it does impact on the future of UK-TUG but does not strictly
speak to dissolution. It is not an easy decision and I do not want to rush.

My second concern is that as-written I am concerned about
implementation. The motion text requires a revised constitution, but
only gives outline ideas for operation not the text itself. Moreover,
the existing constitution would require we have a 2/3 majority vote of
members to make the change, as this would fall within the scope of Part
1 (see clause 6(1)(a) of the existing constitution).

I will notify you of my decision as soon as possible.

Regards,

Joseph Wright