[UK-TUG] UK TUG

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 17:56:02 CEST 2021

Hi Howard

Thank you for your motion. I like your suggestion that UK-TUG has a
simplified structure and that it holds a substantially smaller float.

Here's a personal opinion. Joseph (UK TUG Secretary) might see things
differently. Perhaps as things stand your motion is out of scope for the
SGM. This is because the topic of the SGM is dissolution.

If the SGM decides against dissolution the Committee is obliged to hold an
AGM by the end of 2021. They've not yet decided on a date. Your motion
would surely be in scope for such an AGM.

I see no obstacle in you presenting your ideas at the SGM in a discussion
of motions related to dissolution, and would encourage you to do so. Member
participation in this important matter is a sign of health.

Once again, thank you for your motion. It's an important contribution to
the discussion.

with kind regards

Jonathan