[UK-TUG] UK-TUG

chris cjweeks79 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 15:05:57 CEST 2021

Dear UKTuG members

I do hope the SGM will carry the simple motion to end the life of the
organisation. As for the distribution of funds, the most sensible
suggestion is that they be split between Dante and TUG (it is quite
nonsensical to suggest that this means the money is 'going abroad' -
what sort of post-Brexit world are we living in?). I have absolutely no
idea whether, from a constitutional point of view, the distribution of
funds should be part of a motion to members (as the apparently simple
motion by David Saunders) or whether it would be better, first, to have
a simple motion to agree to dissolve the group. From what I read from
some contributors, I rather think that any qualifier to the simple
motion to dissolve will only lead to further endless amendments.

UKTuG has been helpful to me over the years. It's time has come and it
is a great pity if it can't be put to rest with dignity. I shall be 85
next month. I do hope UKTUG can have a decent burial before I do.

Best wishes, Chris Weeks

--
Chris Weeks
Downeycroft