[UK-TUG] Why individually expressed distribution; uk-tex-news and uk-tex-users mail lists

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 15:16:32 CEST 2021

On Thu, 7 Oct 2021 at 12:35, Jonathan Fine <jfine2358 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Briefly, my view is that by the time of the SGM it's possible to establish a UK-focussed society of friends of TeX, who would be worthy recipients of our funds. Even if at the SGM only a quarter of our members wish to support such a society, I would hope the majority would be happy that a quarter of our funds go to a UK-based successor organisation, rather than it all going abroad.

I would hope that the majority would strongly oppose this. Rather than
allow the funds go for the benefit of the entire TeX community
(including the entire UK TeX community)  they would be essentially
going to the few people who were prepared to join you in whatever
lists you set up. You are welcome to set up some google groups but
they do not require access to the remaining UKTUG funds.

David