[UK-TUG] No 'surplus funds' motions to the SGM

Jay Hammond jay at jjnr.uk
Wed Oct 6 16:28:55 CEST 2021

Hi, mostly as chair, I thought I'd catch you up.

The committee is considering putting the motion to the SGM: UKTUG
resolves to dissolve forthwith. It is not considering any other motions
for the SGM.

Jonathan Fine did not put his lengthy  proposal for polling you all on
fund distribution to the committee. You saw it here first!

Committee rules are that there is  insufficient time for discussion of
any further motions to the SGM. With the agreement of the committee, a
shorter discussion period could perhaps be accepted. A motion would have
to be simple and implementable to be promoted by the committee.

A practical way to express your opinion on what to do with UKTUG funds
on dissolution would be to post it here on this forum, if you have not
already done so. That's not a mandate of course but I am confident that
the dissolution committee would take the views expressed into account.
A practical decision takes other factors than just wishes into account.
Some of them have been raised here in uktug announce.

the 2019 motion on surplus funding is not in effect. Personally I am
sorry that is the case.

Jay

  Email use jay at jjnr.uk