[UK-TUG] SGM motions about UKTUG money.

Jay Hammond jay at jjnr.uk
Thu Sep 30 16:27:15 CEST 2021

Hi members,

As chair I just told you of an SGM on dissolution.

  I'd like to say more about motions  at the SGM  to do with money.
This is just me,  I'm not speaking for the committee.

/IF/ UKTUG dissolves there  will be  "Surplus funds". Surplus funds are
money left over after UKTUG  has sold its stuff, paid its debts etc. I
think it might be  about £8000. This is just a guide.

*It turns out you need to move fast if you want to see a motion that
tells the committee who to give that money to. *Sorry. I might explain
the politics of the timetabling another time.

  * On dissolution, surplus funds must go to an organisation that has
    aims similar to those of UKTUG.
  * The organisation must be willing to accept the money.

TUG is willing.

If you feel strongly that (some) surplus funds should go elsewhere,
please get in touch with me or the committee *as soon as possible. **
*

Timing: the committee needs some time to approve /prepare motions, and
motions must be with the secretary before noon October 12th. It makes
matters more difficult that our constitution thinks email takes 48 hours
between leaving and arriving. (It was written when some email still
travelled over road, rail rather than cable.)

best wishes,

Jay Hammond

------

Email use jay at jjnr.uk