[UK-TUG] Funding online LateX training

Jay Hammond jay at jjnr.uk
Thu Mar 19 18:31:09 CET 2020

As part of consulting members on what to spend UKTUG funds on, I'd like
your opinion:

UKTUG has the opportunity to fund a site to teach LaTeX basics. The
committee is considering it, and you may comment  to me:
chair at uktug.org.uk if you wish. Your comments will have most impact if
you reply within 7 days.

I very much like this proposal, it is a continuation of UKTUG's
face-to-face courses, but being online, is more accessible. It will be
created with communitarian values by volunteers. (Commercial offerings
have disadvantages ...).

Joseph Wright  wrote:

See now-live development site:
https://github.com/learnlatex/learnlatex.github.io.

To be clear, the money requested is specifically to pay for professional
design work; content and other aspects are volunteer efforts.

Joseph supplied an attachment, here's a link to it. He explains the
project in more depth. The estimated cost of the professional design
work is £4-6,000

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gqpx6kwve1vjoqq/learn-latex-org-proposal.pdf?dl=0

Jay Hammond, Uktug chair

Email usejay at jjnr.uk