[UK-TUG] SEGM, financial scrutiny

Jay Hammond homemade at talktalk.net
Sat Dec 3 16:40:45 CET 2011

@Chris_Weeks

My suggestion is that the (SE)GM appoint a scrutineer, not to store
(and show) the bank statements, but instead to look at the accounts
and point out any areas of concern. This requires someone with a
suitable level of skill.

Motion 4 proposes  a scrutineer to store and show the bank
statements.

you are correct, there's no motion or amendment on the table
corresponding to my suggestion. So,

An amendment to motion 4 or a new motion:

Under constitution clause 24.3(c) this general meeting agrees to
appoint a financial scrutineer whose duties will be to look at
UKTUG's accounts for the year 2011/12 and offer an opinion on them to
be submitted to the next AGM.

But I don't know what the procedure is...

@UKTUGChair

Dear Chair, please suggest how my proposal can be voted on. It's not
clear whether the members are expected to amend motion 4 and then
approve the amended motion, or whether they are expected supply a new
motion 5  and vote on that.

Also, Motions 4 and 5 depend on the outcome of motion 3.  The voting
on motion 3 cannot be known until after the SEGM. What procedure do
you have to activate these motions appropriately? Please clarify.

Jay Hammond

homemade at talktalk.net