TDS locations for graphics.sty, autopict.sty and friends.

TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Tue, 30 Jan 1996 11:22:34 -0500

    I thought the `canonical' setting for a format-specific TEXINPUTS was:

       .:$TEXMF/tex/$FORMAT//:$TEXMF/tex//

I believe the doc currently says merely to include generic// after $FORMAT//.

However, this discussion is persuasive argument otherwise. I'll change
it for the next draft.

    author of the `wrapper' should be able to change the TDS location of
    the original package?

No, of course not. That's one reason it's persuasive.

(Soon we'll back to everything being in one directory ... :-)