[Tugindia] TeX and Malayalam poetry

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Tue Aug 27 06:32:11 CEST 2013

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Kalidoss Murugesan <
kalidoss.murugesan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear CVR,
>
> First of all please accept my congratulation on your splendid work
> of popularising LaTeX and Malayalam poetry in one shot.

Thank you very much for your kind words, Sir.

[...]

In Tamilnadu, most people are familiar with Windows OS.
> For them fonts installation and a suitable unicode editor
> pose a problem.

I am not quite familiar with Windows OS. However, I believe, all the
mainstream operating systems are Unicode compliant. Therefore, the default
text editor in an operating system should be of help. Windows already has a
set of Unicode fonts and XeLaTeX can very well access system fonts (otf and
ttf). You need not install any font in the TeX tree. But as you have
indicated, you need to find an input scheme to input your data in your
language using a Unicode text editor. Linux is very much helpful in this
matter. Why not consider switching to Linux?

> >    4. Can i have a look at the source file, you have created?
> > >

> > Will become part of Sayahna resources very soon.
> >

> Eagerly awaiting its release in Sayahna.

It needs a bit of documentation on the work flow and how to make use of the
packages to get the right output. The release is waiting for this only.

Best regards
River Valley<https://maps.google.com/maps?q=River%20Valley,%20Thiruvananthapuram%20Neyyardam%20Road,%20Kerala,%20India&vector=1>